At Aviator Pediatric Dentistry, we do more than keep kids’ teeth cavity free. We provide orthodontic services for straight smiles that last into adulthood. With your dentistry and orthodontics needs under the same roof, your child receives comprehensive care with consistent guidance and less travel. For beautiful, straight smiles, we’re happy to be a trusted friend to the families in our community.
What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a field of dentistry focused on diagnosing and treating issues from misaligned teeth. Our in-house methods include traditional braces, clear aligners, and space maintainers to create straight, healthy bites and smiles.
Children typically start orthodontic treatment between the ages of 8 and 14. Since their jaws and oral structures are still developing, treatment is especially effective at guiding healthy growth. Orthodontics treats crooked teeth, over and underbites, crowding, spacing, and impacted teeth. Straightening teeth isn’t just about appearance. It has lifelong benefits toward your child’s overall oral health well into adulthood.
Orthodontic Services Offered
Every child has unique orthodontic needs. No matter their age or state of development, we’re ready to work with you and your child to find a solution for the betterment of their health. We offer traditional metal braces, Invisalign® clear aligners, space maintainers, and more through early orthodontic intervention. Click the links below to learn more about how we help children achieve straight, healthy smiles:
Orthodontic Benefits For Kids and Teens
Orthodontic treatment isn’t just cosmetic. A balanced bite and straight smile has many health and lifestyle benefits:
- Improved oral hygiene: Misaligned teeth are more difficult to effectively clean. A straight smile ensures your child can easily reach all their teeth while brushing and flossing.
- Prevents speech problems: Teeth in their proper position encourage better speech and pronunciation.
- Lower risk of tooth and gum disease: Better oral hygiene means there’s a lower risk of costly tooth decay and gum disease in your child’s future
- Better daily function: A straight smile means your child won’t have to consider dietary restrictions that may come with a misaligned bite.
- Improved jaw health: With a balanced bite, less stress is put on the jaw that could lead to lasting pain and treatment.
- More self-confidence: Our favorite benefit, your child will feel proud to show off their straight, healthy teeth!
Orthodontics for a Lifetime of Smiles
For comprehensive treatment in a single location, our team can’t wait to help your child achieve a straight, healthy smile. Contact us today to set up a consultation and start their journey toward better oral health.