Traditional metal braces aren’t what they used to be. Modern technology has made them more comfortable and sleek than when we were kids. At Aviator Pediatric Dentistry, we’ll work with you and your child to design an orthodontic plan that’s effective and comfortable.
Why Traditional Metal Braces?
Traditional metal braces have several advantages compared to other orthodontics options:
- Effective for severe misalignment: Where clear aligners have their limits, metal braces are used to treat mild to severe misalignment issues effectively.
- Cost-effective: Metal braces are the most affordable option for correcting misalignment.
- Correct jaw alignment: Traditional braces are flexible tools that can correct jaw alignment with bands for a lasting, balanced bite.
- Customizable color choices: Children love expressing themselves. They can customize their brackets and bands to represent their favorite colors and teams.
- Easy maintenance: Clear aligners need to be worn 22 hours a day, replaced, cleaned, and maintained. With metal braces, children visit us for adjustments every 4 – 6 weeks and avoid the extra homework.
How Do Traditional Metal Braces Work?
Metal braces use brackets and wires to apply gentle pressure to teeth that gradually shifts them into their proper positions. Brackets are bonded to each tooth to hold an archwire which is adjusted for alignment. Some children prefer tooth-colored brackets to be less visible, while others like to brighten their smile with their favorite colors.
It typically takes around two years until treatment is complete, but the lifelong benefits are worth the wait. We’ll schedule regular check ins to our office to adjust the wires for efficient treatment and clean difficult to reach areas around the mouth.
Traditional Metal Braces Cost
Compared to clear or ceramic aligners, traditional metal braces are the most affordable orthodontic treatment choice. They’re also the most likely option to receive at least partial coverage from your insurance plan or Medicaid. If you have questions about your benefits, we encourage you to reach out to review them with us or visit our finances and insurance page.
The cost of metal braces fluctuates based on a child’s unique needs and treatment time. During an initial consultation, we’ll provide a transparent estimate for the total cost of the process. Every family deserves affordable care to improve their childrens’ health. We’re happy to support you to make the best choice for your kids and budget.
Soaring, Straight Smiles
During your child’s braces journey, we’re with you every step of the way. With the right care and comfort, they’ll feel rewarded with a smile they truly achieved. For an orthodontic consultation, contact us today and set up an appointment with our team.